The Summer In Conclusion…
Since May 31 I have spent the summer
with 22 interns and a bunch of staff who were part of The City Project hosted
by The Summit Church. Our goal was to
expose this team of students to the many ways that God is at work in the world
– locally (the church and local not-for-profits), domestically (NYC) and
internationally (Ken ya
and Malaysia ). I was so impressed by this team. It gives me great hope for the future seeing
what God is doing in this generation! I
love being a part of shaping their lives and helping to teach them how to
demonstrate the effects of the gospel of Jesus by serving and loving people. Many of these students will be small group
leaders, discipling other students this fall when we launch SummitCollege. Ana, Mary ,
Phoebe and Kate really enjoyed getting to know the team and I loved watching my
girls getting to know the girls on the team – they are great role models, and
Liz and I thank God for the chance that our girls have to be around them. After City Project ended we went to NJ and western
PA for a week. We were able to go to Ocean City ,
celebrate my mom’s 60th birthday, meet Ethan Henry Edwards and
experience God’s kindness through family and friends. It was a great way to conclude a wonderful
summer. Liz is recently recovering from
knee surgery. It went really well and
the doctors think Liz will be up and running soon. We are also preparing to homeschool Ana and Mary this fall. Liz and I are excited about this and the girls
seem to be as well. We are so grateful
that we are in Durham
and working with and learning from so many people who love Jesus and want to
live their lives for his glory and the advance of his kingdom. Thanks for your prayer and financial support
that allows us to be here serving at The Summit and RDU.
No comments:
Post a Comment